Friday, February 11, 2011

Being good for goodness sake!

Do  I have to be good in order to please anyone or I have to be good  because it is good to be good? Being honest and sincere are best virtues to have. Just as flowers bloom and emit powerful and wonderful scent in the forrest whether anyone perceives and admires them or not, so should it be for us. At least that is one of the lessons of life.

I often hear parents say, please do this for me, be good for me, be kind for me, etc, etc. I don't have to be good, faithful, sincere, honest, chaste or loving for anyone. I should be all these because these virtues are good in themselves.

Young people, please be good for yourselves, to please yourselves and your God. Once you do this, it will be easy enough to please your parents. That is what it means to be a Christian. Our guiding light should be Christ and our goodness should come from His. Be Holy for your Heavenly Father is holy. Be good and let goodness be, is a great lesson from life.

No comments:

Post a Comment