Saturday, April 16, 2011

Are You an answer to Someone's prayer?


There is a story told about two men who went to Church to pray. One was a poor man and the other rich. The poor man went in first and prayed that God should give him $500.00 to be able to feed for that day. As he was praying, the rich man walked in and wanted the church for himself alone for his need was a great one indeed. He was praying for the long awaited contract of $5000,000.00 that was about to be confirmed for him. Not wanting to take chances, he took it to the Lord in prayer. As he waited for the poor man who was praying aloud, he could not help but hear the poor man’s prayer. In his anger, he went to the poor man and asked what his problem was. The poor man told him that he wanted God to give him just $500.00 so that he could feed himself and his family. The rich man then wasted no time, he took out $500.00 from his pocket and gave it to the poor man and asked him to leave the Church that he had a more important issue to discuss with God. The poor man took the money and went away praising God for hearing his prayers.

This story demonstrates one simple point about life: God uses us to do his work on earth. When we see someone in need and render help to such a person, we are indirectly helping God. God uses his people to help his people. He tells us in Matthew 25: 34-40, “Then the king will say to those on his right ‘come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you in prison, and visit you?’ And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’”

St Teresa of Avila, the fourteenth Century nun reminds us that we are God’s hands. “God has no hands but our hands to do his work today; God has no feet but our feet to lead others in his way; God has no voice but our voice to tell others how he died; and, God has no help but our help to lead them to his side.” God cannot do it all alone without us. He needs us to bring what we have to him so that he can use it to help his children. Remember that what goes around comes around. As God is using you to help others, so does he use others to help you and yours. Be available to God and allow him to use you to answer the many prayers that go up to him everyday. Be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I hope is some way I am helping others and truly pray God is happy with the work I am doing to help him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just shared about this in service today, I keep praying that I may always be found faithful.

    ReplyDelete